‹ back | home | contact us | print       [ Deutsche Version ]
Erhart Holz

History

1954 Establishment of company as a mobile sawmill by our father Adolf Erhart
1958 Acquisition of the present area in Sonntag-Sand and installation of one of the first bandsaw mills in Austria
1976 Upgrading of the cutting performance by buying a mechanical band-resaw
1978 Purchasing of the first trimming circular saw for professional manufacturing of blank window scantlings
1980 Loss of receivables of 10% of sales in the Italian market
1986 Building of a stacking system, a sorting system and a piling system
1991 Building of a biomass heating system and dry kilns
1992 Death of the company’s founder Adolf Erhart and assumption of management by Alfons Schwarzmann
1998 Assumption of management by the current owners Joachim und Ignaz Erhart
2001 Building of a barking plant
2003 Enlargement of drying capacity
2004 Building of a new storage depot
2005 Building of a new log band sawing construction
2006 Enlargement of log space, building of a disposal system, as well as a depot for biomass
2007 Enlargement of the depot for biomass and extension of vehicle fleet (stacker lift trucks)
2008 Acquisition of a modern stack cutter
2009 Modernisation of biomass cauldron, building of a new edging and trimming cut device with a profiler unit and lumber sorting plant, enlargement of space for lumber, bringing a blank drawing system into service

Erhart Holz – the beginnings at the current location.

Until the early 1960s, a stream called “Schmiedebach” was used for bringing the log to the sawmill.

The company’s founder, Adolf Erhart, together with sawyer Hans Erhart.

Timber was commissioned by handcraft most of the time.

Excavation to build the heating and the drying facilities in 1991.

(Click on pictures to enlarge them)

 

 
Adolf ERHART GmbH | A-6731 Sonntag | Phone 0043(0)55 54/52 43 | office[at]erhart-holz.at